- Natural horse hide leather
- Holds one (1) Montie Gear Y-Shot slingshot
- Add initials for a personalized look
- Large flap helps protect band
- Easy snap stainless steel fitting
- Attaches to up to 1.5" belts or straps
- Stainless steel fittings and rivets
- Made in USA - Troublesome Gap tough
Weight & Dimensions
- 2 ounces
- 5" x 3.5" x 1.75" (L x W x D)
This natural horse hide leather holster is the perfect way to carry your slingshot. Using nothing but durable natural horse hide and stainless steel fittings and rivets, this holster will hold up to all that nature can throw at it.
The front snap fitting easily snaps into a secure hold, making sure that your Y-Shot slingshot will not shimmy it's way loose no matter where it is stored. When ready to use, unsnap the front fitting, and your slingshot will slide out with ease, ready to use.
Employing a local leather worker, Bob Marshall, each holster is custom made with top of the line fittings and rivets. Horse hide is a very durable animal leather that can stand up to daily use, and will properly wear in with age, giving you an even more unique product. Using this manufacturing method allows us to proudly claim that the Holster is Heirloom Quality, Troublesome Gap Tough, and Made in America. See below for more information on Bob Marshall and his works.
- A natural, durable horse hide holster for your Y-Shot slingshot
- Easy snap stainless steel fitting allows for quick use of your slingshot should a situation arise
- At 2 oz, the holster is lightweight and hardly noticeable when empty
- Belt clip on the back of the holster allows for attachment to up to 1.5" belts or straps
- Provides band protection when the Y-Shot is stored, thanks to the large flap
- Slingshot easily stores on your "go bag" or backpack, or on your waist with this specially designed holster
- Product is locally made in North Carolina from North Carolina and US made components.
Upon purchase, receipt, and/or use, you (the user) agree to hold harmless Montie Inc., Montie Gear (www.montiegear.com), and Montie Design (www.montie.com), and its owner and offices, heirs, or employees of any and all product liability. You agree that the above-mentioned will not be held responsible or liable for any consequential, direct or indirect or special loss, injury, or accidents caused by the slingshots, bands, pouch, ammo or other items that we produce, promote, and/or sell. In all cases, the user assumes full responsibility and all risk associated with the use of our products. It is your (the user's) responsibility to check local laws in order to be compliant with the slingshot, or other products that we produce, promote, and/or sell. Our products are not to be purchased by anyone under 18 years of age. We strongly advise parents to supervise their children at all times whenever they are using slingshots.
Care and Maintenance
- Always examine the band and pouch before use for small nicks, tears, or punctures that may cause the band to break. If you find any flaws, immediately discard the product and replace before use.
- Before use, check that screws are tight and band is secure and evenly distributed between the frame and side plate
- Store all bands out of direct sunlight and away from extreme temperatures. This is important to maximize the life of the band, especially in storage.
- Never use rocks or other sharp objects as ammunition. Rocks and sharp objects will damage the band and pouch.
- After contact with chlorinated water, rinse the bands with tap water and dry flat.
- If the bands becomes sticky, clean with mild soap and water, dry flat, and then dust with talcum powder.
Note: Please keep in mind that the slingshot bands are made from a natural material. This means that we have no way of predicting the life of the band. Even the best maintained bands can fail inexplicably or have a short life time. Despite our best efforts, using high quality industry standard materials and testing; approximately 1% of the bands fail early. As a result we strongly encourage you to purchase extra bands. We do not provide a warranty of any kind on bands.
Meet the Staff
The Montie Gear staff works hard to provide you with a truly heirloom quality and high performance. Montie Gear is made locally so, if you wanted to meet everyone that worked hard to make your slingshot and see all the processes that went into the product, then we can arrange that! This is a benefit that few companies can offer. Contact us to set up a tour.
About the Maker
Bob Marshall is a Raleigh, NC leather worker who specializes in custom-made western gun belt rigs, concealment handgun holsters and knife sheaths. He also likes the challenge of designing new products that combine practical design with the look and feel of real leather. One of Bob’s latest designs is our new belt clip slingshot holster made from horsehide and is available in either natural or black. If you’re looking for a well made western gun belt rig, please check out Bob’s website: BobsLeatherworks.com