What's In The Box
- Four (4) thumb screws
- Four (4) flat washers
- Four (4) lock washers
- Brass round knurled thumb nut
- Stainless steel set screw with 3/32" hex socket
- Stainless steel flat and split lock washers
Easily change a band in the field without needing to dig through your pack for a screwdriver or multi-tool!
Retrofit your original Montie Gear Y-Shot slingshot with thumb screws that allow you to change bands without needing a tool. The thumb screws give you an easy to grip knurled surface that allows you to hand tighten the side plate to the frame, keeping the band secure and locked in place. A 3/32" allen wrench/hex key can be used to tighten or loosen the thumb screw if you are unable to do so with just your fingers.
The Thumb Screw Kit includes a set of 4 thumb screws, lock washers, and flat washers.
- Knurled brass knob for ease of grip
- Stainless steel screw
- Includes all flat and split lock washers needed
Upon purchase, receipt, and/or use, you (the user) agree to hold harmless Montie Inc., Montie Gear (www.montiegear.com), and Montie Design (www.montie.com), and its owner and offices, heirs, or employees of any and all product liability. You agree that the above-mentioned will not be held responsible or liable for any consequential, direct or indirect or special loss, injury, or accidents caused by the slingshots, bands, pouch, ammo or other items that we produce, promote, and/or sell. In all cases, the user assumes full responsibility and all risk associated with the use of our products. It is your (the user's) responsibility to check local laws in order to be compliant with the slingshot, or other products that we produce, promote, and/or sell. Our products are not to be purchased by anyone under 18 years of age. We strongly advise parents to supervise their children at all times whenever they are using slingshots.
Care and Maintenance
- Always examine the band and pouch before use for small nicks, tears, or punctures that may cause the band to break. If you find any flaws, immediately discard the product and replace before use.
- Before use, check that screws are tight and band is secure and evenly distributed between the frame and side plate
- Store all bands out of direct sunlight and away from extreme temperatures. This is important to maximize the life of the band, especially in storage.
- Never use rocks or other sharp objects as ammunition. Rocks and sharp objects will damage the band and pouch.
- After contact with chlorinated water, rinse the bands with tap water and dry flat.
- If the bands becomes sticky, clean with mild soap and water, dry flat, and then dust with talcum powder.
Note: Please keep in mind that the slingshot bands are made from a natural material. This means that we have no way of predicting the life of the band. Even the best maintained bands can fail inexplicably or have a short life time. Despite our best efforts, using high quality industry standard materials and testing; approximately 1% of the bands fail early. As a result we strongly encourage you to purchase extra bands. We do not provide a warranty of any kind on bands.
Meet the Staff
The Montie Gear staff works hard to provide you with a truly heirloom quality and high performance. Montie Gear is made locally so, if you wanted to meet everyone that worked hard to make your slingshot and see all the processes that went into the product, then we can arrange that! This is a benefit that few companies can offer. Contact us to set up a tour.