What's In The Box
- Y-Shot slingshot with Single Band
- Fiber Optic Sight (with optional picatinny rail)
- Wrist Brace
- 1/2" water jet aluminum frame
- 16 lbs pull weight with 28" draw tapered Thera-Band Gold band with leather pouch assembly
- 550 paracord wrapped handle and brace
- Fully configurable fiber optic sights
- Picatinny rail mount quick install
- Easy band replacement with removable side plates
- Fires up to 1/2" ball bearings
- Rugged powder coat finish
- Stainless steel fittings
- Made in USA - Troublesome Gap tough
Slingshot Weight & Dimensions
- 6 ounces
- 6.75" x 3.625" x .5" (L x W @ forks x D)
- 3.5" handle length
- 2.25" inside fork width at center
- Digital Desert Camo
- Digital Woodland Camo
- Safety Orange
- Zombie Green
Every man's dream, this slingshot IS what he is looking for!
A Montie Gear Y-Shot equipped with a stabilizing wrist brace and fiber optic sight for increased accuracy, this beast is a force to be reckoned with! The fiber optic sight comes with an optional picatinny rail attachment that allows you to attach a multitude of sights, scopes, laser, flashlight, you name it!
Be the coolest kid on the block again with our Montie Gear exclusive Y-Shot high tech slingshot! The Montie Gear Y-Shot slingshot was designed with high performance capabilities without compromising on design. This high tech slingshot is capable of shooting a 3/8" bearing at speeds of up to 150 feet per second with great accuracy.
The frame is water jet from a solid piece of 1/2" aluminum sheet, allowing the slingshot to be dramatically lighter all while delivering the sturdiest frame possible. This along with the removable side plates, allows for the use of many types of bands. Do not be afraid to equip your Y-Shot slingshot with one of our double bands for an impressive 35 lbs pull weight!
A paracord braided handle delivers a more comfortable grip, even at maximum pull weight. When in a pinch, the long lengths of paracord become invaluable; Having a cord that can do just about anything you ask of it could mean the difference between life or death!
The Montie Gear Y-Shot slingshot is perfect for hunting small game, target practice, home defense, or even just chasing off those pesky deer and other rodents that are terrorizing your garden. We ask that you use a smaller caliber ball bearing for the latter so that no harm is done to the animal.
The frame is water jet cut from aluminum for strength, and anodized or powder coated for durability and quality surface finish. Paracord with a 550lb breaking strength is used to wrap the slingshot handle. Heli-coil inserts are used to strengthen the threads for the side plate stainless steel screws, allowing for easy band replacement throughout the life of the slingshot, without worry of stripping the threads. This allows us to proudly claim that the Y-Shot slingshot is Heirloom Quality, Troublesome Gap Tough and Made in America.
Note for Potential Purchasers of Picatinny Rail Option
ITAR Product - By adding this to the cart, I understand, acknowledge, and agree to the Export Policy. I am a U.S. Person, and I do not intend to export this product.
This product is also available without the Picatinny rail, which we can sell outside of the US. To purchase the sights without the Picatinny rail, please select that configuration from the drop down menu above
- A classic slingshot configuration with a rugged modern twist
- Fully capable and ready to accept a multitude of Montie Gear attachments to improve your capabilities
- Frame is lightweight but engineered for strength, using a water jet process to cut the pieces from a sheet of 6061 Aluminum
- Flat bands provide high performance
- This slingshot is capable of holding the included high performance flat bands as well as a variety of other bands, including homemade ones (think inner tube if you were in a pinch)
- Slingshot easily stores in your "go bag" or backpack, or on your waist with our specially designed holster
- Product is locally made in North Carolina from North Carolina and US made components.
A Slingshot is Born
The journey to make the Y-Shot starts off at a place called ADR Hydrocut in Morrisville, NC. They cut out the body from 1/2" thick aluminum using a water jet. A water jet uses a 50,000 psi stream of water and abrasive to cut the body of the y-shot from the 1/2" thick 6061 aluminum. The water jet is a process that doesn't generate heat so the properties of the billet aluminum are maintained.
We then take the parts and bring them back to our shop where they are tumbled to remove any burrs. We then take the batch of slingshots to Triangle Coatings in Raleigh, NC for powder coat. Powder coating is a process where the parts are given an electrical charge then sprayed with a dry powder that has the opposite charge. The difference in electrical charges makes the powder stick to the metal. The parts go in an oven that melts the powder, resulting in a very robust and consistent finish. This means your Montie Gear slingshot is ready for a lifetime of use.
After, machining the band retention plate mounting holes, a stainless steel heli-coil is inserted into the thread. The heli-coil provides a stainless steel thread instead of just bare aluminum. This means that you get the lightweight aluminum frame but the tough stainless steel threads that allow you to replace bands for decades to come without worry of stripping the threads. This is a step that shows our commitment to your experience while shooting our Y-Shot.
Next step is wrapping the handle with 550 paracord and assembling the band to the frame. We wrap the handles and assemble the bandset at our facility in Spring Creek, NC. The bands are made a few miles away in Asheville, NC. Once this is complete, your Montie Gear Y-Shot slingshot is ready for decades of use. We really mean it when we designed this product for you to pass along to your grand children.
How to replace your slingshot band
Upon purchase, receipt, and/or use, you (the user) agree to hold harmless Montie Inc., Montie Gear (www.montiegear.com), and Montie Design (www.montie.com), and its owner and offices, heirs, or employees of any and all product liability. You agree that the above-mentioned will not be held responsible or liable for any consequential, direct or indirect or special loss, injury, or accidents caused by the slingshots, bands, pouch, ammo or other items that we produce, promote, and/or sell. In all cases, the user assumes full responsibility and all risk associated with the use of our products. It is your (the user's) responsibility to check local laws in order to be compliant with the slingshot, or other products that we produce, promote, and/or sell. Our products are not to be purchased by anyone under 18 years of age. We strongly advise parents to supervise their children at all times whenever they are using slingshots.
Care and Maintenance
- Always examine the band and pouch before use for small nicks, tears, or punctures that may cause the band to break. If you find any flaws, immediately discard the product and replace before use.
- Before use, check that screws are tight and band is secure and evenly distributed between the frame and side plate
- Store all bands out of direct sunlight and away from extreme temperatures. This is important to maximize the life of the band, especially in storage.
- Never use rocks or other sharp objects as ammunition. Rocks and sharp objects will damage the band and pouch.
- After contact with chlorinated water, rinse the bands with tap water and dry flat.
- If the bands becomes sticky, clean with mild soap and water, dry flat, and then dust with talcum powder.
Note: Please keep in mind that the slingshot bands are made from a natural material. This means that we have no way of predicting the life of the band. Even the best maintained bands can fail inexplicably or have a short life time. Despite our best efforts, using high quality industry standard materials and testing; approximately 1% of the bands fail early. As a result we strongly encourage you to purchase extra bands. We do not provide a warranty of any kind on bands.
Meet the Staff
The Montie Gear staff works hard to provide you with a truly heirloom quality and high performance. Montie Gear is made locally so, if you wanted to meet everyone that worked hard to make your slingshot and see all the processes that went into the product, then we can arrange that! This is a benefit that few companies can offer. Contact us to set up a tour.