Thumb Rest for Y-Shot Slingshot
Change Your Grip!
The Montie Gear Y-Shot Slingshot gives you lots of options. The Thumb Rest allows you to use your thumb to support the slingshot for more accurate shots.
Easy-to-add to your y-shot or order it installed on your new Y-Shot. Its made from 3/16" 5052 aluminum with an industrial grade powder coat finish for long life and many hours of shooting fun.
For more detailed information about the Montie Gear Thumb Rest, check out the Description tab below!
- 3/16" water jet aluminum
- Easily installed on your Y-Shot Slingshot
- Easy band replacement
- Rugged black powder coat finish
- Made in USA - Troublesome Gap tough
Weight & Dimensions
- 1 ounce
- 2.625" x 1" x .75" (L x W x H)
Change Your Grip! The Montie Gear Y-Shot Slingshot gives you lots of options. The Thumb Rest allows you to use your thumb to support the slingshot for more accurate shots. Easy-to-add to your y-shot or order it installed on your new Y-Shot. Its made from 3/16" 5052 aluminum with an industrial grade powder coat finish for long life and many hours of shooting fun.
The thumb rest is water jet cut from aluminum for strength, and anodized or powder coated for durability and quality surface finish. This allows us to proudly claim that the Y-Shot thumb rest is Heirloom Quality, Troublesome Gap Tough and Made in America.
The thumb rest comes with a set of longer screws to accommodate for the original side plate and band thickness.
- Easily mounts to your Y-Shot Slingshot with two screws
- Lightweight and quick way to add better accuracy to your Y-Shot
- Comes with longer screws for easy installation with the existing side plate
- The 3/16" thick aluminum rest is lightweight but engineered for strength, using a water jet process to cut the pieces from a sheet of 5052 Aluminum
- Compatible with the standard high performance flat band for the Y-Shot, as well as a variety of other bands, including homemade ones (think inner tube if you were in a pinch)
- Product is locally made in North Carolina from North Carolina and US made components.
Upon purchase, receipt, and/or use, you (the user) agree to hold harmless Montie Inc., Montie Gear (www.montiegear.com), and Montie Design (www.montie.com), and its owner and offices, heirs, or employees of any and all product liability. You agree that the above-mentioned will not be held responsible or liable for any consequential, direct or indirect or special loss, injury, or accidents caused by the slingshots, bands, pouch, ammo or other items that we produce, promote, and/or sell. In all cases, the user assumes full responsibility and all risk associated with the use of our products. It is your (the user's) responsibility to check local laws in order to be compliant with the slingshot, or other products that we produce, promote, and/or sell. Our products are not to be purchased by anyone under 18 years of age. We strongly advise parents to supervise their children at all times whenever they are using slingshots.
Care and Maintenance
- Always examine the band and pouch before use for small nicks, tears, or punctures that may cause the band to break. If you find any flaws, immediately discard the product and replace before use.
- Before use, check that screws are tight and band is secure and evenly distributed between the frame and side plate
- Store all bands out of direct sunlight and away from extreme temperatures. This is important to maximize the life of the band, especially in storage.
- Never use rocks or other sharp objects as ammunition. Rocks and sharp objects will damage the band and pouch.
- After contact with chlorinated water, rinse the bands with tap water and dry flat.
- If the bands becomes sticky, clean with mild soap and water, dry flat, and then dust with talcum powder.
Note: Please keep in mind that the slingshot bands are made from a natural material. This means that we have no way of predicting the life of the band. Even the best maintained bands can fail inexplicably or have a short life time. Despite our best efforts, using high quality industry standard materials and testing; approximately 1% of the bands fail early. As a result we strongly encourage you to purchase extra bands. We do not provide a warranty of any kind on bands.
Meet the Staff
The Montie Gear staff works hard to provide you with a truly heirloom quality and high performance. Montie Gear is made locally so, if you wanted to meet everyone that worked hard to make your slingshot and see all the processes that went into the product, then we can arrange that! This is a benefit that few companies can offer. Contact us to set up a tour.