- 3/16" water jet aluminum frame
- 550 paracord brace
- Easy band replacement; Replaces side plates on Y-Shot for easy swapping
- Rugged powder coat or anodize finish
- Made in USA - Troublesome Gap tough
Weight & Dimensions
- 4 ounces
- 5.75" x 6" x 8" (L x H x Diag)
- 3" brace width
- Digital Desert Camo
- Digital Woodland Camo
- Safety Orange
- Zombie Green
This armrest will unload the stress on your wrist and help you keep a consistent shooting position for long hours of Y-shot usage, no matter how strong a band you are using. The brackets are made out of 6061 Aluminum, and have a light weight design. Along with the 550 Paracord braiding, this adds a total of only 0.175 lbs to the Y-shot.
All you need to mount the arm brace is a regular Philips screwdriver. Just remove the original side brackets, attach the bands to the wrist support sides, screw them on, and get shooting. All in a matter of minutes!
The frame is water jet cut from aluminum for strength, and powder coated for durability and quality surface finish. Paracord with a 550lb breaking strength is used to wrap the brace section that rests on the back of your hand. Heli-coil inserts in the Y-shot slingshot are used to strengthen the threads for the side plate stainless steel screws, allowing for easy band replacement and removal/addition of the Wrist Brace throughout the life of the slingshot, without worry of stripping the threads. This allows us to proudly claim that the Wrist Brace is Heirloom Quality, Troublesome Gap Tough and Made in America.
- Easily install on any Montie Gear Y-Shot slingshot within minutes
- Uses the same holes and screws as the existing Y-Shot side plates
- Frame is lightweight but engineered for strength, using a water jet process to cut the pieces from a sheet of 6061 Aluminum
- This Wrist Brace is capable of holding a variety of other bands, including homemade ones (think inner tube if you were in a pinch), just like the side plates that come with your Y-Shot
- Easily disassembles and stores in your "go bag" or backpack
- Relocates much of the strain that your wrist receives when shooting to your forearm for a more comfortable and accurate shot.
- Product is locally made in North Carolina from North Carolina and US made components.
To use the Wrist Brace with the sights and/or adapter plate, extra long screws are required. If you are looking to use the Wrist Brace with another side plate attachment, let us know and we will include longer screws with your Wrist Brace!
A Wrist Brace is Born
The journey to make the Wrist Brace starts off at a place called ADR Hydrocut in Morrisville, NC. They cut out the frame from 3/16" thick aluminum using a water jet. A water jet uses a 50,000 psi stream of water and abrasive to cut the body of the y-shot from the 3/16" thick 6061 aluminum. The water jet is a process that doesn't generate heat so the properties of the billet aluminum are maintained.
We then take the parts and bring them back to our shop where they are tumbled to remove any burrs. We then take the batch of frames to Triangle Coatings in Raleigh, NC for powder coat. Powder coating is a process where the parts are given an electrical charge then sprayed with a dry powder that has the opposite charge. The difference in electrical charges makes the powder stick to the metal. The parts go in an oven that melts the powder, resulting in a very robust and consistent finish. This means your Montie Gear Wrist Brace is ready for a lifetime of use.
Next step is wrapping the brace with 550 paracord and assembling the band to the frame. We wrap the braces at our facility in Spring Creek, NC. Once this is complete, your Montie Gear Wrist Brace is ready for decades of use. We really mean it when we designed this product for you to pass along to your grand children.
Upon purchase, receipt, and/or use, you (the user) agree to hold harmless Montie Inc., Montie Gear (www.montiegear.com), and Montie Design (www.montie.com), and its owner and offices, heirs, or employees of any and all product liability. You agree that the above-mentioned will not be held responsible or liable for any consequential, direct or indirect or special loss, injury, or accidents caused by the slingshots, bands, pouch, ammo or other items that we produce, promote, and/or sell. In all cases, the user assumes full responsibility and all risk associated with the use of our products. It is your (the user's) responsibility to check local laws in order to be compliant with the slingshot, or other products that we produce, promote, and/or sell. Our products are not to be purchased by anyone under 18 years of age. We strongly advise parents to supervise their children at all times whenever they are using slingshots.
Care and Maintenance
- Always examine the band and pouch before use for small nicks, tears, or punctures that may cause the band to break. If you find any flaws, immediately discard the product and replace before use.
- Before use, check that screws are tight and band is secure and evenly distributed between the frame and side plate
- Store all bands out of direct sunlight and away from extreme temperatures. This is important to maximize the life of the band, especially in storage.
- Never use rocks or other sharp objects as ammunition. Rocks and sharp objects will damage the band and pouch.
- After contact with chlorinated water, rinse the bands with tap water and dry flat.
- If the bands becomes sticky, clean with mild soap and water, dry flat, and then dust with talcum powder.
Note: Please keep in mind that the slingshot bands are made from a natural material. This means that we have no way of predicting the life of the band. Even the best maintained bands can fail inexplicably or have a short life time. Despite our best efforts, using high quality industry standard materials and testing; approximately 1% of the bands fail early. As a result we strongly encourage you to purchase extra bands. We do not provide a warranty of any kind on bands.
Meet the Staff
The Montie Gear staff works hard to provide you with a truly heirloom quality and high performance. Montie Gear is made locally so, if you wanted to meet everyone that worked hard to make your slingshot and see all the processes that went into the product, then we can arrange that! This is a benefit that few companies can offer. Contact us to set up a tour.