- 3/16" water jet aluminum frame
- Non-slip EPDM rubber guards and feet
- Stainless steel quick release pin
- Assembles/collapses in seconds
- Holding area is 6.5" high
- Rugged powder coat finish
- Made in USA - Troublesome Gap tough
Weight & Dimensions
- 16 ounces
- Footprint: 12" x 8"
- 6.5" from top of bench to X-Rest mounting area
- Packed: 12" x 2.5" x 2.5" (L x W x D)
The X-Rest is a lightweight and portable shooting rest, placing the rifle stock approximately 6.5 inches from the top of the bench. This allows the X-Rest to be a superb bench rest for use with a variety of firearms from hunting rifles to shotguns to pistols. Three points of contact keeps the rest securely on the bench. Three EDPM rubber feet are included if extra grip and stability are required for the mounting surface.
The X-Rest also works great with the telephoto lens on your camera, or any other scenario where a secure, quick and easy resting location is needed!
- Easily assembles or collapses in seconds thanks to the simple design and use of a quick-release pin
- Lightweight materials keep the X-Rest at just a 1 pound weight
- Can be stored almost anywhere thanks to the small form factor when collapsed
- EDPM rubber pads are weather-proof and supply a non-slip mounting surface
- Product is locally made in North Carolina from North Carolina and US made components
An X-Rest is Born
The journey to make the X-Rest starts off at a place called ADR Hydrocut in Morrisville, NC. They cut out the body from 3/16" thick aluminum using a water jet. A water jet uses a 50,000 psi stream of water and abrasive to cut the body of the X-Rest from the 3/16" thick 6061 aluminum. The water jet is a process that doesn't generate heat so the properties of the billet aluminum are maintained.
We then take the parts and bring them back to our shop where they are tumbled to remove any burrs. We then take the batch of X-Rests to Triangle Coatings in Raleigh, NC for powder coat. Powder coating is a process where the parts are given an electrical charge then sprayed with a dry powder that has the opposite charge. The difference in electrical charges makes the powder stick to the metal. The parts go in an oven that melts the powder, resulting in a very robust and consistent finish. This means your Montie Gear X-Rest is ready for a lifetime of use.
After the powder coating process, the stainless steel quick-release pin and it's nylon coated stainless steel lanyard are installed using a high strength Loctite to ensure the threading is secure. A high strength instant adhesive is then used to secure the EDPM rubber pads to the resting area of the X-rest.
Once all those steps are complete, your Montie Gear X-Rest is ready for decades of use. We really mean it when we designed this product for you to pass along to your grand children.
X-Rest in Use by RifleBuyersGuide.Net
Meet the Staff
The Montie Gear staff works hard to provide you with a truly heirloom quality and high performance. Montie Gear is made locally so, if you wanted to meet everyone that worked hard to make your slingshot and see all the processes that went into the product, then we can arrange that! This is a benefit that few companies can offer. Contact us to set up a tour.