- 3/16" water jet aluminum frame
- Picatinny rail mount quick install
- Easily installed in place of one Y-Shot side plate
- Easy band replacement
- Fully independently adjustable fiber optic sights
- Stainless steel fittings
- Rugged powder coat finish
- Made in USA - Troublesome Gap tough
Weight & Dimensions
- 1.2 ounces
- With picatinny installed: 2.5 ounces
- 3.5" x 2.25" (L x W)
Obtain more accurate shooting with your slingshot by attaching a Fiber Optic Sight! This sight has fiber optic iron sights and an option picatinny rail mount for mounting your favorite optic (such as a red dot, scope, or other parallax free sight) to your slingshot. This is modification replaces one of the side plates on your Montie Gear Y-Shot slingshot.
The sights are compatible with the wrist brace and the arrow rests.
The sights are adjustable for windage and elevation.
Note for Potential Purchasers of Picatinny Rail Option
ITAR Product - If you select the version with the picatinny rail (does not apply to the fiber optic sights only version), you confirm that you understand, acknowledge, and agree to the Export Policy. I am a U.S. Person, and I do not intend to export this product.
This product is also available without the Picatinny rail, which we can sell outside of the US. To purchase the sights without the Picatinny rail, please select that configuration.
- Easily replaces one of the Y-Shot side plates
- Lightweight and quick way to add better accuracy to your Y-Shot
- Fiber optics can be adjusted quickly
- Add the picatinny rail to the frame in seconds, giving you a greater variety of scoping options
- Frame is lightweight but engineered for strength, using a water jet process to cut the pieces from a sheet of 6061 Aluminum
- Capable of holding the standard high performance flat band for the Y-Shot, as well as a variety of other bands, including homemade ones (think inner tube if you were in a pinch)
- Product is locally made in North Carolina from North Carolina and US made components.
An Iron Sight is Born
The journey to make the Fiber Optic Sight starts off at a place called ADR Hydrocut in Morrisville, NC. They cut out the frame from 3/16" thick aluminum using a water jet. A water jet uses a 50,000 psi stream of water and abrasive to cut the frame of the Fiber Optic Sight from the 3/16" thick 6061 aluminum. The water jet is a process that doesn't generate heat so the properties of the billet aluminum are maintained.
We then take the parts and bring them back to our shop where they are tumbled to remove any burrs. We then take the batch of Fiber Optic Sights to Triangle Coatings in Raleigh, NC for powder coat. Powder coating is a process where the parts are given an electrical charge then sprayed with a dry powder that has the opposite charge. The difference in electrical charges makes the powder stick to the metal. The parts go in an oven that melts the powder, resulting in a very robust and consistent finish. This means your Montie Gear Fiber Optic Sight is ready for a lifetime of use.
Once these steps are complete, we meticulously assemble the fiber optic components onto the frame. Your Montie Gear Fiber Optic Sight is now ready for decades of use. We really mean it when we designed this product for you to pass along to your grand children.
How to replace your slingshot band
Upon purchase, receipt, and/or use, you (the user) agree to hold harmless Montie Inc., Montie Gear (www.montiegear.com), and Montie Design (www.montie.com), and its owner and offices, heirs, or employees of any and all product liability. You agree that the above-mentioned will not be held responsible or liable for any consequential, direct or indirect or special loss, injury, or accidents caused by the slingshots, bands, pouch, ammo or other items that we produce, promote, and/or sell. In all cases, the user assumes full responsibility and all risk associated with the use of our products. It is your (the user's) responsibility to check local laws in order to be compliant with the slingshot, or other products that we produce, promote, and/or sell. Our products are not to be purchased by anyone under 18 years of age. We strongly advise parents to supervise their children at all times whenever they are using slingshots.
Care and Maintenance
- Always examine the band and pouch before use for small nicks, tears, or punctures that may cause the band to break. If you find any flaws, immediately discard the product and replace before use.
- Before use, check that screws are tight and band is secure and evenly distributed between the frame and side plate
- Store all bands out of direct sunlight and away from extreme temperatures. This is important to maximize the life of the band, especially in storage.
- Never use rocks or other sharp objects as ammunition. Rocks and sharp objects will damage the band and pouch.
- After contact with chlorinated water, rinse the bands with tap water and dry flat.
- If the bands becomes sticky, clean with mild soap and water, dry flat, and then dust with talcum powder.
Note: Please keep in mind that the slingshot bands are made from a natural material. This means that we have no way of predicting the life of the band. Even the best maintained bands can fail inexplicably or have a short life time. Despite our best efforts, using high quality industry standard materials and testing; approximately 1% of the bands fail early. As a result we strongly encourage you to purchase extra bands. We do not provide a warranty of any kind on bands.
Meet the Staff
The Montie Gear staff works hard to provide you with a truly heirloom quality and high performance. Montie Gear is made locally so, if you wanted to meet everyone that worked hard to make your slingshot and see all the processes that went into the product, then we can arrange that! This is a benefit that few companies can offer. Contact us to set up a tour.