Iron Sights for Y-Shot
Shoot more accurately with an Iron Sight for your Y-Shot Slingshot! Take most of the guess work out of shooting by using the three posts to line up your target for a more precise shot.
This is a bolt on attachment to your Y-shot slingshot (no modifications necessary) that gives you iron sights for more accurate shooting. The sights are compatible with the wrist brace and the arrow rests.
Works for right or left handed shooters!
For more detailed information about the Montie Gear Iron Sights, check out the Description tab below!
Note: Slingshot not included.
- 3/16" water jet aluminum frame
- Easily installed in place of one Y-Shot side plate
- Easy band replacement
- Rugged powder coat finish
- Made in USA - Troublesome Gap tough
Weight & Dimensions
- 1 ounce
- 3" x 2.25" (L x W)
Shoot more accurately with your Y-Shot by attaching an Iron Sight! Take most of the guess work out of shooting by using the three posts to line up your target for a more precise shot. Easily attaches to your Y-Shot by replacing one of the side plates. Can be used for right handed or left handed shooting!
An attachment to your Y-shot slingshot that gives you iron sights for more accurate shooting. The sights are compatible with the wrist brace and the arrow rests.
The frame is water jet cut from aluminum for strength, and anodized or powder coated for durability and quality surface finish. Heli-coil inserts in the Y-shot slingshot are used to strengthen the threads for the side plate stainless steel screws, allowing for easy band replacement and removal/addition of the Iron Sights throughout the life of the slingshot, without worry of stripping the threads. This allows us to proudly claim that the Y-Shot slingshot is Heirloom Quality, Troublesome Gap Tough and Made in America.
- Easily replaces one of the Y-Shot side plates
- Lightweight and quick way to add better accuracy to your Y-Shot
- Frame is lightweight but engineered for strength, using a water jet process to cut the pieces from a sheet of 6061 Aluminum
- Capable of holding the standard high performance flat band for the Y-Shot, as well as a variety of other bands, including homemade ones (think inner tube if you were in a pinch)
- Product is locally made in North Carolina from North Carolina and US made components.
An Iron Sight is Born
The journey to make the Iron Sight starts off at a place called ADR Hydrocut in Morrisville, NC. They cut out the body from 3/16" thick aluminum using a water jet. A water jet uses a 50,000 psi stream of water and abrasive to cut the frame of the Iron Sight from the 3/16" thick 6061 aluminum. The water jet is a process that doesn't generate heat so the properties of the billet aluminum are maintained.
We then take the parts and bring them back to our shop where they are tumbled to remove any burrs. We then take the batch of Iron Sights to Triangle Coatings in Raleigh, NC for powder coat. Powder coating is a process where the parts are given an electrical charge then sprayed with a dry powder that has the opposite charge. The difference in electrical charges makes the powder stick to the metal. The parts go in an oven that melts the powder, resulting in a very robust and consistent finish. This means your Montie Gear Iron Sight is ready for a lifetime of use.
Once these steps are complete, your Montie Gear Iron Sight is ready for decades of use. We really mean it when we designed this product for you to pass along to your grand children.
Upon purchase, receipt, and/or use, you (the user) agree to hold harmless Montie Inc., Montie Gear (www.montiegear.com), and Montie Design (www.montie.com), and its owner and offices, heirs, or employees of any and all product liability. You agree that the above-mentioned will not be held responsible or liable for any consequential, direct or indirect or special loss, injury, or accidents caused by the slingshots, bands, pouch, ammo or other items that we produce, promote, and/or sell. In all cases, the user assumes full responsibility and all risk associated with the use of our products. It is your (the user's) responsibility to check local laws in order to be compliant with the slingshot, or other products that we produce, promote, and/or sell. Our products are not to be purchased by anyone under 18 years of age. We strongly advise parents to supervise their children at all times whenever they are using slingshots.
Care and Maintenance
- Always examine the band and pouch before use for small nicks, tears, or punctures that may cause the band to break. If you find any flaws, immediately discard the product and replace before use.
- Before use, check that screws are tight and band is secure and evenly distributed between the frame and side plate
- Store all bands out of direct sunlight and away from extreme temperatures. This is important to maximize the life of the band, especially in storage.
- Never use rocks or other sharp objects as ammunition. Rocks and sharp objects will damage the band and pouch.
- After contact with chlorinated water, rinse the bands with tap water and dry flat.
- If the bands becomes sticky, clean with mild soap and water, dry flat, and then dust with talcum powder.
Note: Please keep in mind that the slingshot bands are made from a natural material. This means that we have no way of predicting the life of the band. Even the best maintained bands can fail inexplicably or have a short life time. Despite our best efforts, using high quality industry standard materials and testing; approximately 1% of the bands fail early. As a result we strongly encourage you to purchase extra bands. We do not provide a warranty of any kind on bands.
Meet the Staff
The Montie Gear staff works hard to provide you with a truly heirloom quality and high performance. Montie Gear is made locally so, if you wanted to meet everyone that worked hard to make your slingshot and see all the processes that went into the product, then we can arrange that! This is a benefit that few companies can offer. Contact us to set up a tour.